At ConAgra Foods, we are building a culture in which all of our employees can be authentic and know that their diverse thoughts and capabilities are valued. We've built a strong business case for diversity and inclusion, which has enabled us to focus on attracting, retaining and developing employees that reflect the diversity of our consumer base. We continue to invest significant efforts internally and externally in support of the LGBT community, promoting equality and acceptance. And, our efforts are getting noticed both inside and outside the company. For example, ConAgra Foods has received a 95 out of 100 score on the Corporate Equality Index for the last three years, with a goal of 100 next year.
Our Employee Resource Networks (ERN) are a key ingredient of our recipe for creating a diverse and inclusive culture. These networks provide organizational and business insights, create an environment for exploring our uniqueness and provide community support through volunteer opportunities where we live and work. “Illuminations” is our ERN dedicated to supporting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Allies (LGBTA) community. This network is paving the way for our company and our community by:
• Creating an Ally program with LGBT rights organization, FriendFactor, to educate and build support networks for LGBT employees
• Partnering with LBGT youth programs to mentor at-risk youth
• Providing support to the Nebraska AIDS Project, Human Rights Campaign and local PrideFest events
• Hosting the first LBGTA Business and Leadership Summit in Omaha which included over 14 local businesses and community organizations in Omaha
In addition to employee engagement opportunities, ConAgra Foods provides support to our LGBT employees and community in other ways. For example:
• Our Code of Conduct includes sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression as protected characteristics
• Same-sex couples, including their dependents, are offered the same benefits as opposite-sex couples
• Transgender employees are supported by transition policies and guidelines, employee and company training, and the coverage of transgender related health care items
For ConAgra Foods, diversity is part of our DNA. We’re passionate about making the Food You Love and about nourishing all our so they can thrive both inside and outside the workplace. We have been inspired by the LGBT community and we intend to continue standing with them in the future. Thank you, so much, for your interest in our efforts.
Nicole B. Theophilus Executive
Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer